Ohio Class Action
How do Consumer Class Action Lawsuits Work?
The Burdge Law Firm helps consumers get their money back when a merchant or business has treated you unfairly or deceptively. It is what we do everyday. If you have lost money or been ripped off because of consumer fraud or deception, and you think that other consumers may also have been victimized, call our Toll Free Class Action Hotline at 1.888.331.6422 for a free case review help. We handle class action cases because no one should be a victim.
Class Action Claims We Have or Are Handling Right Now
A national class action case was certified against CFMoto involving alleged misrepresentations made in national advertising of CFMoto scooters and/or motorcycles. The case was settled and payment arrangements made to cover approximately 6,000 consumers across the United states and US Territories and significant cy pres donations to further motorcycle and vehicle safety efforts across the county.
In addition, we are handling class action cases filed in several Ohio and federal courts against various merchants involving allegations of unfair and deceptive conduct committed against consumers. It is what we do, helping people every day.
Ohio Class Action - What is a Consumer Class Action Lawsuit? It is where one person or a small group of people file a claim against someone who has caused an injury to occur to a lot of people, asking the Court to make the guilty party pay damages to all the consumers that they injured. They file it on behalf of themselves and also everyone else that was injured by what occurred.
The idea of a class action case is to give the average person the ability to take on a large company and have a fighting chance. The reason class actions exist is because sometimes a large company may rip off consumers by just a small amount per person and then it may not be enough for an individual person to do anything about it just because it is not practical or not worth it. A good example would be the baby food case a few years ago, where the so-called apple juice was really just sugar water. Fifty cents a bottle does not a lawsuit make. But when the company makes millions of dollars selling the sugar water nationwide, they can rake in big bucks while millions of consumers get duped - without ever knowing it.
A class action often starts when just one consumer realizes something is wrong. Maybe it’s a charge on their phone bill that wasn’t authorized. Or a credit card problem. Maybe your insurance company denied your valid claim because it was only $40 and they knew you wouldn’t argue with them over it.
It could be almost anything, but the bottom line is you are legally right and the big corporation is legally wrong. They just count on being able to get away with it because most people won’t complain. Or it may be worthwhile to pay off those who complain while making money off those who never even know what happened to them. A class action can fix that.
But class action cases can be extremely difficult and very time consuming to handle so not many lawyers will take them on. Because they can involve lots of money at stake, the big companies usually fight them very hard too. After all, they’ve got the money.
An easy way to even the odds is for lots of people who are victims to get together and all contribute a small amount so that they have a bigger pot with which to hire an attorney to fight their case as a class action. Even though most class action cases settle, you should always consider hiring a class action lawyer who has actually taken a class action case to trial because they will have gotten a reputation for fighting that can make winning your case (or settling it) easier and the result come out better for you.
Our law firm represents consumers who have been victimized by fraudulent, abusive and predatory business practices. It’s what we do. We don’t work for “big business,” so you can be sure that we are on your side. We typically take on several Consumer Law class actions each year. And we are frequently the Ohio Class Action law firm that class action attorneys in other states come to for co counseling help in Ohio for consumer class action cases that started in other states, when Ohio consumers are found to be victims of unfair practices by national corporations and businesses.
So if you think you have a class action case in Ohio because lots of other consumers were affected by the same, wrong conduct of a business or corporation, then contact us right away. Call our Ohio Consumer Class Action Toll Free phone number, 1.888.331.6422, right now.
But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to us and finding out what your rights are. Call us right now. Or email us right now by clicking on the Contact Us link near the top of this page.
Ohio Consumer Class Action Cases. It's what we do.
Class Action Claims We Have Filed in State or Federal Courts
Here are just a few of the cases we have filed as class action claims on behalf of consumers against car dealers and other merchants, banks and businesses.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet, LTD, Aly Financial, Inc., Patrick Cade, and Joseph Freeman, involving sales complaints in motor vehicle transactions.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Jeff Schmitt Auto Group, Inc., Ally Financial, Inc., Auto Thrift of Ohio, Inc., Jeffrey Schmitt, and Steve Vangorder, involving sales complaints in motor vehicle sales transactions.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Delta Management Associates, Inc., involving alleged violations of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet, LTD, Anthony Garofalo, Jeffrey P. Schmitt, Ted Spangler, and Steve Vangorder, involving sales complaints in motor vehicle sales transactions.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Restoration Hardware, Inc. , involving claimed violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Jeff Schmitt Auto Group, Inc., Auto Thrift of Ohio, Inc., Santander Consumer USA, Inc., Kelly Grody, James Hapner, Steve Vangorder and Jeffrey Schmitt, involving sales complaints in motor vehicle sales transactions.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Jeff Schmitt Auto Group, Inc., Jeff Schmitt Mazda, LLC, Auto Thrift of Ohio, Inc., Wright Patt Credit Union, Justin Himebaugh, Jeffrey Schmitt, Jacob Tackett, and Steve Vangorder, involving sales complaints in motor vehicle sales transactions.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A., involving motor vehicle wrongful repossession allegations.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet, LTD, Auto Thrift of Ohio, Inc., Huntington National Bank, Anthony Garofalo, Jeffrey Schmitt, and Steve Vangorder, involving sales complaints in motor vehicle sales transactions.
- Lawsuit Complaint filed against Jeff Schmitt Auto Group, Inc., Jeff Schmitt Chevrolet, LTD, Jeff Schmitt Nissan, Inc., Auto Thrift of Ohio, Inc., Wright Patt Credit Union, Inc., Kelly Grody, Jeffrey Schmitt, and Steve Vangorder, involving sales complaints in motor vehicle sales transactions.
Ohio Consumer Class Action Cases. It's what we do.